At Golden Manor we aim to provide all children with the skills and confidence to help them grow to their full potential by providing them with the opportunity to learn, play and have fun. Golden Manor is designed in a bright, warm and welcoming way, to make everyone feel at home.
Within Golden Manor we have 2.2 acres of land, this offers children fantastic opportunities for outside play including a small woodlands, a large caste with slide, a vegetable garden, a bike and trike area, a willow walk, climbing equipment and lots more.
We have on the premises a sensory playroom, this stimulating environment helps children learn the basic building blocks needed to process hearing, sight, smell, touch and taste.
At Golden Manor we have been awarded ‘Exemplar Employer’ and have highly qualified and motivated staffs, many of the staff has their degrees in Childhood Studies or hold a Level 5 in Children’s Care, Learning and Development.
Every child attending has a key worker who provides a monthly learning journal which looks at the child’s development in all of the Foundation Phase areas of learning with next steps to enhance their play, development and learning. We aim to offer every child the best in child care. We have been rated as ‘Outstanding’ in our inspection reports. We offer free settling in sessions, so that your child is happy and settled before you return to work.
Children are offered opportunities to explore and develop in a caring and professional environment. Trips out are a regular occurrence and the children particularly enjoy our visits to the millpond and local parks. The children have opportunities to learn and develop their physical skills, messy play, creative arts, baking, mindfulness, stories and role play.
Our furnishings and equipment have been carefully chosen and is of high quality and age appropriate. Children learn through freedom of play in a safe environment whilst ensuring compliance with current regulatory requirements, such as Health and Safety and CIW.
At Golden Manor children learn through play using the Foundation Phase, which is the statutory curriculum. The Foundation Phase Profile has 7 Areas of Learning which are delivered through practical activities and active learning experiences both indoors and outdoors.
The Areas of Learning are:
- Personal and Social Development, Well-being and Cultural Diversity
- Language, Literacy and Communication Skills
- Mathematical Development
- Welsh Language Development
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Physical Development
- Creative Development
Facilities at Golden Manor’s Quality Childcare Centre Include:
- 2.2 acres of outdoor play including a woodlands area offering a log circle, mud kitchen, willow tunnel and rope bridge. (Forest School sessions held within), large play castle, miniature role play village, bike and trike area, and lots more!
- Sensory Playroom – a special space with a range of stimulating equipment such as special lighting, projectors to cast slow-moving images or colours around the walls, mirror balls, feely bags and much more
- A qualified chef on site who provides freshly cooked nutritious meals catering for all children’s individual needs and preferences
- A highly qualified caring workforce with staff qualifications including BSc (hons) Childhood Studies, Higher Education certificate in Welsh and Bilingual Practice and NVQ level five in Early years and Child care